6.13.2012

Blogging wasnt as easy as I thought is was going to be

Well, I am sitting here in the South African airport with a four to five hour holdover and thought I could finish up blogging. My intentions for this trip were to  blogg and update daily, but the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. I was less then thrilled when the internet service I purchased for the trip went out after about one week. The trip as a whole was a great experience that I will treasure for a lifetime. I cant help but feel incredibly blessed to be born in America, where a kid from a dysfunctional working class family can own his own little piece of the American dream, with a loving wife, 2 amazing boys and house we call home. Those oppurtunties are not abundant in Mozambique.  During this trip we helped and healed a lot of people, but the staunch reality is I will board an airplane (or 3) and fly thousands of miles away and go back to that "piece of the American Dream" and the people of Mozambique will still be suffering with poverty, AIDs, malaria, tuberculosis and an overwheming amount of orphans (roughly 350,000). Please pray for Mozambique and its people, who have such joy despite their circumstances. I saw a lot of smiling, kindness and joy in the people of Mozambique.

No comments:

Post a Comment